Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help - EMU VST not working.
Hi - I think I've tried everything I'm able to - but I'm still unable to get the EMU VST to work.
Runs fine - but no lighting output.
However EMU standalone works fine and normal lighting output.

I'm very open to suggestions!
Am I missing some critical step?
Is there something that it wasn't necessary to drive with DMXIS VST - that it is necessary with EMU VST?

What DOES work:
EMU standalone.
DMXIS standalone.
DMXIS VST with Ableton.
DMXIS VST  with Max.

What does NOT work:
EMU VST with Ableton.
EMU VST with Max.

It's as if the EMU VST just isn't "connected" - no lights activate - but there's no warnings either.

In changing my Ableton configuration from DMXIS VST to EMU VST, the only change I've made is to replace the VST and change the Preset/Program MIDI Channel from 16 to 3 (also tried Ch 2 and Ch 1) - I'm not changing Banks at all, so not setting the Bank.
(I've also tested that the preset works directly in EMU)

In Max I'm simply dropping the VST into a new Patcher - and operating the sliders directly.
DMXIS VST works.
EMU VST doesn't.

Setup:

Software
EMU 20.12.22.1
DMXIS 1.7.0
Ableton Live 10 Lite (i.e. no Max for Live)
Cycling74 Max 8.1.11 - Trial
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Hardware
ENTTEC DMXIS hardware (works with DMXIS direct and via VST, works with EMU direct only)
ENTTEC DMX USB PRO (works with EMU direct only)
Thinkpad X1 Carbon Gen1 8GB Ram
Thank you for getting in touch with us today.
It appears that you are running an older version of EMU than what is currently available. If you back up your show file, you can then go to Settings>Updates (or download from our website) to update to the latest version (21.03.2594).
I have tried this version today, and I haven't been able to replicate the issues that you have experienced. I wonder if this will resolve the problem you are having. If not, do get back in touch.
(26-04-2021, 09:56 PM)SamP_ENTTEC Wrote: Thank you for getting in touch with us today.
It appears that you are running an older version of EMU than what is currently available. If you back up your show file, you can then go to Settings>Updates (or download from our website) to update to the latest version (21.03.2594).
I have tried this version today, and I haven't been able to replicate the issues that you have experienced. I wonder if this will resolve the problem you are having. If not, do get back in touch.

Hi - and thanks for your quick reply.

No luck I'm afraid - I still can't get the EMU VST to work at all.

I've set up a new Windows 10 virtual machine, with no other installed software - so I can try different combinations of install - but I'm still getting the same behaviour.

EMU standalone works - EMU VST does not.

One difference - I found that the EMU VST would not even load correctly in Max (standalone) - until I had also installed Ableton (I think because Ableton installs Visual Studio libraries that EMU depends on).

After that step - I'm back to where I was before - EMU standalone works - EMU VST works in neither Ableton or Max.

Could this issue be about versioning on EMU library dependencies - if it's not loading the necessary VST library dependencies itself - but rather relying on what another app has loaded?

Setup:

Factory reset, fully patched Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (up to KB5001391), running as a virtual machine on Oracle VM VirtualBox, hosted by Ubuntu 20.04

EMU 20.12.22.1 (installed 1st)

Cycling74 Max 8.1.11 - Trial (Installed 2nd)

Ableton Live 11 Trial full (i.e. with Max for Live) (Installed 3rd)
(02-05-2021, 07:21 AM)DomO Wrote:
(26-04-2021, 09:56 PM)SamP_ENTTEC Wrote: Thank you for getting in touch with us today.

Hi - and thanks for your quick reply.

No luck I'm afraid - I still can't get the EMU VST to work at all.

I've set up a new Windows 10 virtual machine, with no other installed software - so I can try different combinations of install - but I'm still getting the same behaviour.

EMU standalone works - EMU VST does not.

One difference - I found that the EMU VST would not even load correctly in Max (standalone) - until I had also installed Ableton (I think because Ableton installs Visual Studio libraries that EMU depends on).

After that step - I'm back to where I was before - EMU standalone works - EMU VST works in neither Ableton or Max.

Could this issue be about versioning on EMU library dependencies - if it's not loading the necessary VST library dependencies itself - but rather relying on what another app has loaded?

Setup:

Factory reset, fully patched Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (up to KB5001391), running as a virtual machine on Oracle VM VirtualBox, hosted by Ubuntu 20.04

EMU 20.12.22.1 (installed 1st)

Cycling74 Max 8.1.11 - Trial (Installed 2nd)

Ableton Live 11 Trial full (i.e. with Max for Live) (Installed 3rd)
Hi Dom,

I just want to make sure that you are doing the following when trying to setup VST in Ableton to work with EMU. Please let me know if you can recreate this.

https://mega.nz/file/bKwBhYiR#KpQBiNeSwH...lWQCCSdPFg

If you can't or are expecting something different please can you explain what you are expecting to see?

Kind regards

Sam