Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DMX Pro Mk2 - EMU doesn't recognize/control the lights.
I have a Pro Mk2 and I'm trying EMU.

Windows 10, using the recommended FTDI drives.

Using the Enttec manager software, I can connect to the Mk2 and configure it.  Using the test controls there, I can control my lights (currently I have two connected for testing purposes).  

Using EMU, I setup the two lights (they were in the library) and matched the # of channels and modes? (maybe it's personality?  can't remember exact term).

Nothing I do controls the lights.  No errors, no messages.  They just do not turn on at all.
I'll do further testing and see if I can get some screenshots and further details.
I experience exact same issue with my MK2 and EMU.

Works with PRO-Manager, works with Soundswitch. Originally I couldn't even see the MK2 in EMU, so I had to switch from the FTDIbus to the FTDIport driver with VCP enabled. I could see the MK2 after this but no control over the lights.

Soundswitch won't see the MK2 with the FTDIport VCP driver so I had to go back to the FTDIbus driver. I would like to give EMU a try as it seems like exactly what I need for live band performances but looks like I'll have to stick with Soundswitch until they fix the software.
Thank you for reach out about this. I am keen to get a little more information from you both about this issue.

I have opened EMU (running the latest version - 21.05.2994) with a DMX USB Pro Mk2 connected. Using a DMX tester, I can see the values changing correctly.

Would you be able to update to the latest version available (Settings>Updates), and test this again to see if you get output? I know this is an area the developers had been working on recently, therefore this issue might now be resolved.
More digging.

Looking in the \logs\emulog20210528.txt file

I get this:

[16:49:57 ERR] Failed (UnauthorizedAccessException): System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path 'COM9' is denied.
at System.IO.Ports.SerialStream..ctor(String portName, Int32 baudRate, Parity parity, Int32 dataBits, StopBits stopBits, Int32 readTimeout, Int32 writeTimeout, Handshake handshake, Boolean dtrEnable, Boolean rtsEnable, Boolean discardNull, Byte parityReplace)
at System.IO.Ports.SerialPort.Open()
at EMU.Output.Serial.Connect(String portname)
[16:51:00 ERR]
EMU.Output.Exceptions.InvalidDeviceAnswerException
at EMU.Dialogs.ProManagerDialogViewModel.ast(CancellationToken us)
[16:51:00 ERR]
EMU.Output.Exceptions.InvalidDeviceAnswerException
at EMU.Dialogs.ProManagerDialogViewModel.ast(CancellationToken us)
at System.Reactive.Subjects.AsyncSubject`1.GetResult() in /_/Rx.NET/Source/src/System.Reactive/Subjects/AsyncSubject.cs:line 418
at EMU.Fabric.ExecuteCommandAsync[TParam,TResult](ReactiveCommand`2 command, TParam param)
at EMU.Dialogs.ProManagerDialogViewModel.asg()

I can run EMU as a regular user, or as an Administrator. Doesn't make a difference.

Pro-Manager is the latest version. It lets me test my three test lights.
EMU is the latest version as well...