Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EMU or DMXis
I've been working with EMU and I like the progress thus far.  But I have a question for both myself and many of my customers - with DMXis now out of stock (perhaps forever???), is EMU ready to go?

And if EMU is ready to go, what is the long-term plan for offering a price on it?  I'd hate to start using it and program my entire show and then get stuck with a subscription cost that is higher than I wanted to pay Smile

Any ideas ENTTEC?  Thanks so much!,
-David
Thinking the same thing, looks really promising and is definitely more powerful than first thought. I've got a pretty serious bug with mine, about to report it to support. If they can fix it I'd love to use it in the install I'm planning, ticks all the boxes.
Hey @davidlsl your video sums it up well.
https://youtu.be/Bfw3GP1u0B0

To summarise the roadmap for EMU in the coming months:

- The EMU subscription plan will be starting at the beginning of 2022.
     We will have options for:
           -Per month
           -Per year
     This will work with ENTTEC DMX USB PRO, DMX USB PRO MK2 and Art-Net output and always provide access to all of EMU's feature set.

- EMU specific hardware will be coming as soon as a stable component supply is hammered down, this will provide a buy once option for emu is licensed when plugged in. As the software develops we may add more paid add-on features later down the line. (As with many industries, the global semiconductor shortage is contributing to dramatic price shifts and unstable supply of a few key components in use in this hardware. Consequently, we're holding off on the release of this to ensure we can hit the ground running with a stable component supply and at great value).

- Once the hardware is confirmed and component pricing has settled to a more stable place we will be able to share finalised pricing for the whole range.

Currently EMU supports:
 - DMX USB Pro
 - DMX USB Pro Mk2 (no MIDI Support)
 - DMXIS Hardware (with DMX + footswitch support)

We'll be sure to share more updates as soon as we we have them.

Thanks!
Thanks James! As always!

One thing that I and I know other users would like to see would be the ability to upgrade a DMXis box to an EMU forever license. I realize that this may not be possible, but it would be really nice to keep using the perfectly capable box (with footswitch) with the new software Smile
(04-09-2021, 03:10 AM)David LSL Wrote: Thanks James!  As always!

One thing that I and I know other users would like to see would be the ability to upgrade a DMXis box to an EMU forever license.  I realize that this may not be possible, but it would be really nice to keep using the perfectly capable box (with footswitch) with the new software Smile

Hey David, we were thinking of something similar recently.  I'll be sure to pass this forward to the product team to assess. We have should have some info to share around the time of the hardware release Smile